A new mom always stays conscious about the intake of her newborn, and it is very natural for moms to feel that way. But this makes some of them overfeed the baby. As a result, Moms persuade the baby to consume more breast milk or formula than the required amount. Most of them do it out of ignorance. Moms should try to figure out what the baby needs. Read further to know more about Overfed baby symptoms and signs.
Professionals have claimed that you cannot overfeed a baby because babies know to feed when they are hungry and will stop feeding when they are full. So, if you take hints from the baby, it is not possible to overfeed. But most of the time moms bottle feed a full breastfed baby, which is overfeeding.
There are some signs to know, whether your baby is overfed, and it includes.
- Spitting up milk can be a sign of overfeeding, but it is natural for infants to do.
- Babies turn away from the bottle after they are full. So, if you force your baby after that, they might e overfed.
- Overfeeding can happen in breastfeeding babies, as they can involuntarily consume milk even after they are full.
- Paying close attention to the baby’s feeding method can help to identify signs of overfeeding.
- A pediatrician can easily track the baby’s movements and can let you know if the baby is being overfed.
The best way to stop overfeeding a baby is learning to identify the cues of babies. You can easily tell from their behavior if a baby is full or not. Focusing on the quantity and numbers can create a lot of fuss and will put the mother in constant worry, so respect the child’s boundaries and learn to take a hint. A happily fed baby adds to the happiness quotient of a mother. The key thing is to keep the baby happy, healthy, and heartily fed.